Under the Hood
I know someone on the internet is going to be upset I am recommending Chrome for this. Sorry. I like it. If you are used to using some other browser's Dev Tools, then you don't need to do this section.
Chrome Developer Tools
- Also known as 'dev tools', all browsers come with the ability to view the behind the scenes of a webpage as it loads. Chrome's dev tools are amazing. Again, sorry internet randoms, I don't feel bad recommending Chrome over Firefox.
- Do the Network Demo, submit a screenshot.
- Do the CSS Demo, submit a screenshot.
- Learn about HTML vs DOM and edit the DOM, submit a screenshot.
- Read about Cookies and Local Storage
- Websites maintain "state" by storing things in your browser. Cookies are used by many web frameworks to store session data, but sometimes can contain other important information. Many CTF problems involve modifying cookies.
- Do this and submit a screenshot. https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/storage/cookies
- What is a cookie? https://computer.howstuffworks.com/cookie.html
- Install a Cookie Editor https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/editthiscookie/fngmhnnpilhplaeedifhccceomclgfbg?hl=en