Git Hello World
You might have heard of Open Source before, as there has been an infinite amount written about the subject, but this is a good place to learn about it. Open source and hacking go hand in hand. You might not feel strongly about it now, but you will eventually.
- What is Open Source? https://opensource.com/resources/what-open-source
- Explain what open source is
Github is an amazing website build around an old tool named 'git'. Git is used for version control during software development, allowing collaboration and the merging of changes in a safe and easy manner. It is used by just about everyone and is amazing. If you want to build large pieces of software, you need to use version control. Github is a website that wraps git and allows you to share your code via their website, as well as letting you download other people's code.
- Complete the Git First Day tutorials
- Send us a link to your github.io site.
- Send us a link to your first project.