Chrome Power User
- Install Vimium, the magical chrome extension that allows you to navigate the web only using your keyboard
Chrome Developer Tools
- Also known as 'dev tools', all browsers come with the ability to view the behind the scenes of a webpage as it loads. Chrome's dev tools are amazing.
- Read these pages and play around with loading different pages and seeing the different things that you can look at, or edit.
- Do the Network Demo, submit a screenshot.
- Do the CSS Demo, submit a screenshot.
- Learn about HTML vs DOM and edit the DOM, submit a screenshot.
- Read about Cookies and Local Storage
- Websites maintain "state" by storing things in your browser. Cookies are used by many web frameworks to store session data, but sometimes can contain other important information. Many CTF problems involve modifying cookies.
- Do this and submit a screenshot. https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/storage/cookies
- What is a cookie? https://computer.howstuffworks.com/cookie.html
- Install a Cookie Editor https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/editthiscookie/fngmhnnpilhplaeedifhccceomclgfbg?hl=en
Learn about common error codes! https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-troubleshoot-common-http-error-codes
What is a 404 response?