Are you trying to improve your resume by doing projects? How about just learn things? Here is the Ropper’s List of interesting projects.
If you are looking for the minimum required to get hired doing security, check out our Breaking Into Security Guide
If you somehow wound up here looking for general tech info, check this out
Security Projects Worth Doing:
- Do everything in the book Black Hat Python
- Do everything in the book Gray Hat Python
- Do everything in the book Violent Python
- Build Your Own Pentest Dropbox:
- Build a RubberDucky Clone:
- Build a Bash Bunny Clone:
Books Worth Reading
Project to get Better at Programming:
Personally I think this is as important as getting good at security, but the other stuff is way more fun, plus it’s easier to put on your resume and talk about in your interview.
Random Projects to Become a Better Computer Scientist:
Learn C with Projects:
Learn Python with Projects: